Monday, July 4, 2011

Edna Moody

Edna Moody Stephens and James Roland Stephens


Edna Moody is my aunt. She is my mother's oldest sister. I have only met her a few times and cannot even say that I knew her. She died in 1999, and a few years later I received a box with her photographs and a few other things.

For the past few days, maybe a week I've been looking at those pictures, trying to figure out who her family members were, and organizing them in our Stark/Shoemaker family tree which you can get to by going to ancestry.com and searching for Edna Moody.

I know all of Edna's brothers and sisters better than I know her. She moved to Alaska soon after she and James Roland Stephens were married, so my mother never took me to her house. Not once.

As a child, I do not have any memories of her. She came to my parents 50th Anniversary in the Redwoods in 1985, and she came to many Moody family reunions, but there were always so many people there that I never talked to her more than to say hello. I have found some pictures of her being at a Moody family reunion at Sequoia Park when I was there, but I was probably running through the forest with my cousins.

I created this blog to explain how I identified many of the pictures in Edna's box. I did not use many of those pictures in the Grandma and Grandpa Moody book, but by looking through this blog you can see most of them.

Many people in Alaska have been interested in these pictures, especially of the two mines that were identified, and the people in the pictures that I could identify. To also enjoy all of them you have to browse through this blog, by looking at the contents on the right.

I felt bad about Edna and Jim Stephen's pictures because I wondered, "Who will look at these pictures in this box?" but more than 25,000 people have discovered this blog and enjoyed those mine pictures and the pictures of Jim and Edna Moody Stephens.

So browse up and down on the column on the right to view all of these Edna and Jim Stephens picture identification blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment